Four drivers—two with substantial Formula 1 experience and two vying for the 2023 Repco Supercars championship in Australia. They will participate in the NASCAR Cup’s Verizon 200 on the Speedway’s 14-turn, 2.439-mile road layout. Mexican player Daniel Suarez is a dependable Cup player. From August 11 to 13, NASCAR and the IndyCar Series will share the same track.
The IMS newbies is listed here.
- Shane van Gisbergen, 91: The NASCAR Cup record of Van Gisbergen is unbeatable. He only made one start, winning the one street course race in the Cup on July 2 in Chicago. In a race postponed by weather and halted due to a traffic bottleneck suitable for a downtown street track, he positioned himself as the third contender in the lineup.
- The 34-year-old makes his life in Australia’s Repco Supercars Championship. Where he has 481 starts and 67 race wins along with 162 podium finishes. He is engaged in a competition for the 2023 Supercars points title.
- Jenson Button, 15: In his 18-year career, the 43-year-old has 15 race victories. He won the Formula 1 championship in 2009. Seven times as a driver in the F1 Indianapolis race, his best placing was eighth in 2002. Button made two NASCAR Cup starts this season for Rick Ware Racing, at Austin (18th) and Chicago (21st).
- Kamui Kobayashi, 67: The 36-year-old made 75 Formula 1 starts between 2009 and 2014, placing third once. In recent years, he has participated in sports car and endurance competitions. This is his NASCAR Cup debut with 23XI Racing.
- Brodie Kostecki, 33: With two race victories and eight additional podium positions in 2023. The 25-year-old is a contender for the Repco Supercars championship. In 2013–14, he made 16 NASCAR K&N Pro Series starts, with one top–five finish. He is a Richard Childress Racing driver.
Suggested Read: WWE’s Big E Told to Not Wrestle Again After Injury